(Matt Drzik/Beaver County Radio)
(Picture used with permission from Lincoln Park)
“It’s a season that I don’t think you can miss, for a price you just can’t beat.”
Starting on October 7, the latest Highmark Subscription Series of Shows–entitled “Who Could Ask For Anything More?”–kicks off at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center in Midland with Stephen Sondheim’s “Into The Woods”. It is the first of eight shows on the schedule for the 2022-23 season, which features a variety of styles and plots for experienced show-goers and first-timers.
Justin Fortunato, the Producing Artistic Director at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center, spoke with A.M. Beaver County’s Matt Drzik on the September 21 edition of the show about the Highmark Subscription Series, which in past years has drawn an electric reaction from students at Lincoln Park. “I can certainly say with full confidence that excitement, that invigoration hasn’t faded at all,” Fortunato stated. “If anything, we’re even more excited to continue our mission to bring affordable, accessible, and high-premium art to Beaver County.”
The full list of shows are as follows:
• Into the Woods / October 7-9 & 14-16, 2022
• Murder on the Orient Express / November 4-6 & 11-13, 2022
• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Jr. / November 17-20 & December 1-4, 2022
• Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker / December 15-18, 2022
• PUFFS: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years At A Certain School Of Magic And Magic / February 10-12 & 17-19, 2023
• SHOUT! The Mod Musical! / March 16-19, 2023
• An American in Paris / April 28-30 & May 5-7, 2023
• The Play That Goes Wrong / June 16-18 & 23-25, 2023
All shows will be performed at the MainStage theater with the exception of Murder on the Orient Express and PUFFS, which will performed at the BlackBox theater. Ticket information and purchasing can be done at lincolnparkarts.org.
To hear the full interview with Justin Fortunato, click on the play button below!