Woman arrested after a fight on a Pittsburgh street led to gunfire

(File Photo of Handcuffs)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Pittsburgh, PA) A woman was recently arrested after a fight on a Pittsburgh street led to gunfire earlier this month. According to a criminal complaint, the incident began when Shatika Lowery parked her Jeep in front of a home on Brushton Avenue at 8:25 p.m. on February 10th, 2026. Lowery was seen walking to Romeo’s Bar and then walking out nearly two and a half hours later. After she left the bar, Lowery allegedly got into a verbal fight with people in the street while using her phone. The criminal complaint states that she began to walk back to her Jeep but returned to the same group of people to continue the verbal altercation. Officials state that Lowery then removed her wig and began physically fighting a woman in the middle of the street. According to police, the fight was broken up by others in the street, but Lowery walked back to her Jeep, opened the front driver’s door and pulled out a gun. Lowery allegedly fired three rounds at four people who were standing around 15 yards away from her. One of the bullets hit Romeo’s Bar while people were still inside it. The other two rounds hit the ground close to the group of people. By the time officers arrived, authorities confirmed that everyone involved had left. Lowery was taken into custody during a traffic stop a day after the incident occurred. According to the criminal complaint, Lowery told police a group of people were fighting with her and her two friends inside the bar. The fight then spilled outside. According to court documents, Lowery said she fired the gun to scare away the group. However, detectives state that the video shows the fight being broken up and Lowery reengaging the conflict. When a detective informed Lowery the other group was walking away when shots were fired, Lowery allegedly said she knew and apologized. Lowery is facing multiple charges, including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment. 

Former Steelers wide receiver Robert Woods will retire from football after signing a one-day contract with the Los Angeles Rams

(File Photo: Source for Photo: Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Robert Woods (2) walks back to the locker room after an NFL football game against the Arizona Cardinals Oct. 3, 2021, in Inglewood, Calif. (AP Photo/Kyusung Gong, File)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Los Angeles, CA) Former Steelers wide receiver Robert Woods will retire from football after the Los Angeles Rams announced yesterday that he signed a one-day contract to retire as a Ram. Woods signed a one-year contract with the Steelers in 2025 and was briefly a member of the team’s practice squad. The thirty-three-year-old Woods was a 2013 second-round pick by the Buffalo Bills and he appeared in 171 NFL games with four teams. Those teams were the Bills, the Rams, the Houston Texans and the Tennessee TitansWoods finishes his career with 38 touchdowns and 683 catches for 8,233 yards. 

Former Pirates catcher Jacob Stallings becomes member of the team’s baseball operations department

(File Photo: Credit for Photo: Pirates catcher Jacob Stallings celebrates after walking it off against the Marlins in the 12th inning Saturday, June 5, 2021 at PNC Park (Matt Freed/ Post Gazette)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Pittsburgh, PA) Former Pirates catcher Jacob Stallings is now with the team at the start of Spring Training, but he is not on the roster. Stallings is a part of the baseball operations department for the Pirates. Stallings was drafted by the Pirates in the seventh round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of the University of North Carolina, where he slashed .294/.388/.445 for an OPS of .834 over his career in college baseball. The Pirates traded Stallings to the Miami Marlins on November 29th, 2021 for right-handed pitchers Kyle Nicolas and Zach Thompson as well as outfielder Connor Scott.

Sewickley resident Jason Richey is seeking the Republican nomination for the liutenant governor of Pennsylvania

(Credit for Photo: Photo Courtesy of the Associated Press)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Beaver County, PA) Sewickley resident Jason Richey is seeking the Republican nomination for the lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania. The fifty-four-year-old Richey, who is both an attorney and an Allegheny County GOP chairman, as well as a Beaver County native, recently announced his candidacy. Richey ran for Pennsylvania governor in 2022 but ended his run before the primary elections that year.

Pennsylvania Senate Hearing: Preventing Food Allergies Cuts Costs for Families, Taxpayers

(File Photo: Source for Photo: Shown is the Capitol ahead of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf’s scheduled budget address for the 2022-23 fiscal year to a joint session of the Pennsylvania House and Senate in Harrisburg, Pa., Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Canonsburg, PA) According to testimony given yesterday at a Senate Majority Policy Committee public hearing, making preventative supplements available to families could prevent more than 80% of peanut and egg allergies and save taxpayers millions. Senator Camera Bartolotta invited the committee, which is chaired by Senator Dave Argall, to Canonsburg to hear from both allergy advocates and local medical professionals. Census data in 2023 confirms that approximately 1.3 million Pennsylvanians are afflicted with a food allergy. 

Four men wanted after preplanned attack and robbery in Downtown Pittsburgh

(File Photo of Police Siren Lights)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Pittsburgh, PA) Four men are now wanted after a brutal armed robbery and beating of a man in Downtown Pittsburgh last week. According to police, Shakeem Griffey, Caleb Mitchell, Mateke Katzbeck and Karron Waller conspired together to attack and rob a man on Smithfield Street and Fifth Avenue. This happened at around 8 p.m. last Tuesday and the incident was captured on city cameras. Court paperwork states that the victim had such severe injuries to his face and head and he wasn’t able to tell police all of the details, and three of the men that were originally detained by police were released. In court paperwork, police confirm that Griffey pointed a gun at the victim and “threw upwards of 20-30 punches to the victim while he is lying in the fetal position.” The tablet of the male victim was also stolen from him during the attack. Police learned that Griffey is not allowed to have a gun from a previous criminal conviction and there was a warrant for his arrest at the time of the attack.

Over $300K worth of counterfeit designer bags and jewelry seized in Pittsburgh

(Credit for Photo: Photo Provided with Release Courtesy of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Caption for Photos: U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized counterfeit designer brand jewelry, handbags, and scarves, valued at $307,870 had they been authentic, in Pittsburgh on January 29, 2026. Unscrupulous vendors illegally profit through sales of counterfeit goods that are generally manufactured with substandard materials and that pose potential health and safety threats to unsuspecting consumers. Caveat emptor, or buyer beware – consumers can protect their families by buying authentic goods from reputable and authorized vendors. (CBP Photos/Handouts)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Pittsburgh, PA) U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced yesterday that more than $300,000 worth of counterfeit designer bags and jewelry were seized in Pittsburgh. The agency stated that officers inspected a parcel on December 1st that arrived from China via air cargo and was destined for a Pittsburgh address. It contained high-end designer products like handbags, scarves, bracelets, necklaces and earrings bearing brand names like Chanel, Christian Dior and Louis Vuitton. Officers detained the parcel for further investigation after suspecting the products were fake. U.S. Customs and Border Protection also stated that if they had been real, they would have been worth over $307,000. 

Oakmont passes resolution barring its borough from working with ICE on non-criminal investigations

(File Photo of a Police Siren Light)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Oakmont, PA) Oakmont Borough Council has passed a resolution barring the borough from working with ICE agents on non-criminal investigations. This resolution was passed with a unanimous vote during a meeting yesterday and that council confirmed that this includes not working with agents from ICE and Customs and Border Protection. The resolution comes after federal immigration agents detained a resident of Oakmont, Jose Flores, earlier this month. According to local leaders, Flores was there legally on a valid work visa with an affirmative pending asylum case. Flores was later released  

“Demolition blitz” targeting some blighted homes in the Hilltop neighborhoods of Pittsburgh

(File Photo: Source for Photo: FILE – This April 2, 2021, file photo shows bridges spanning the Allegheny River in downtown Pittsburgh. Republicans in Congress are making the politically brazen bet that it’s more advantageous to oppose President Joe Biden’s ambitious rebuild America agenda than to lend support for the costly $2.3 trillion undertaking for roads, bridges and other infrastructure investments. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar, File)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Pittsburgh, PA) Pittsburgh Mayor Corey O’Connor announced yesterday that a “demolition blitz” will target nearly two dozen blighted homes in its Hilltop neighborhoods over the next several weeks. Three properties have already been demolished, and twenty additional properties will be taken down in the Arlington, Beltzhoover, and St. Clair neighborhoods of Pittsburgh. According to The Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections, all of the properties are either an imminent danger or they pose a public safety risk that could cause serious injuries at any time. 

Arrestee charged after assault incident in Darlington Township

(File Photo of Handcuffs)

Noah Haswell, Beaver County Radio News

(Darlington Township, PA) Pennsylvania State Police in Beaver reported via release today that they are investigating an incident that occurred in Darlington Township yesterday at 5 p.m. This occurred along the 3000 block of Constitution Avenue and during the investigation, it was discovered that an unidentified arrestee was intoxicated, caused a public disturbance and physically assaulted the victim. According to police, the arrestee was charged with harassment, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct through the filing of non-traffic citations.